A ‘salt’ for treating an irritating problem like boils? Chances are if you don’t know about Epsom salt, you also must be wondering like most people who are surprised to know that a ‘salt’ can be a treatment option. Well, Epsom salt is not any ordinary salt that you have come across ever, folks. Epsom salt is actually magnesium sulfate. Magnesium sulfate has numerous health benefits and it is used as a great health agent, both for the body & the mind. Today we will see how it helps us in treating boils.
Now, if we are talking about boils, let’s at first understand that is a boil. So, what do you understand by “boils”? Well, some people generally assume by listening to this word that it is a kind of blister filled with liquid that appears on the skin whenever that particular part gets burnt with something like hot oil or water. Apparently, it’s not.
Boils is a red, hard and painful lump that occurs on the skin due to the bacterial deposits. It appears on the hair follicles or the sweat glands on any part of the body. You can also say that it pops out due to the release of toxins in the body. The people with the good immune system can relax, because, the people with the lower immune system are more prone to it. Of course, like any other disease or infection, it is really painful and because of getting the instant relief, we run to get some prescriptions of antivirals from our doctor. Yeah, true, the instant relief and treatment of any health problem are a matter of huge concern, but, what about the side-effects we get with every dose of antivirals? Are you comfortable living with that? No, no, no, I don’t have any problem with antivirals as such, nor am I performing any publicity for natural options, but, it is what it is. This is the fact that antivirals can undoubtedly give you instant relief, but, can never help from giving you the side-effects. Of course, after knowing the reality, I can never suggest you go in the wrong direction. Then, what is the solution?
one of the best natural remedies for boils which are most effective and inexpensive is Epsom salt. You must be familiar with this ingredient as neither this is a new ingredient among us nor does its effectiveness in curing any disease. Using Epsom salt for boils will surely give you unpredictable relief from your suffering. Now, the question arising in your mind is – Does is really work? Is Epsom salt for boils really of any benefit? Oh hell, it is sure. Get the answer further.
Is Epsom Salt for Boils Really effective?
Epsom salt not only treats the boils in the best possible manner but, it also prevents further outbreaks. Let’s see the benefits of Epsom salt for boils:
- It helps to detoxify the body by drawing the toxins out.
- Epsom salt is high in antibacterial and antiseptic properties hence fighting against and killing the bacteria.
- It absorbs the moisture around the part of the body where boils have appeared.
- It helps drawing out the pus from the boils and hence, drying it lessening the pain. It is possible with astringent available in it.
- The antibacterial properties of Epsom salt keep the further bacterial infections at a bay.
- It prevents the skin abscess by enhancing the immune system and hence preventing further outbreaks.
- Epsom salt bath is really efficient in releasing toxins and other metabolic wastes from the body by increasing perspiration.
You can see yourself how beneficial is Epsom salt for boils treatment. Now, it is clear that you need not wander anywhere to get the treatment for your trouble. But, the next question is about how to use Epsom salt for boils treatment. This is not a thing to worry about as there is no hard and fast rule for the same. But yeah, there are certain points you can follow in order to treat your boils with Epsom salt. So, now it’s time to talk about the process of using Epsom salt for boils treatment.
How to use Epsom salt for Boils?
There are a variety of ways to use Epsom salt for boils and you can follow any of them according to your convenience and comfort.
Epsom Salt with Warm Water:
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt to it.
- Soak the boil affected area into it and leave it as it is for next 10-15 minutes and then let it dry naturally.
- Repeat the process daily for 2-3 times a day.
You can also apply Epsom salt directly on the boil. Another alternative is to use a cup in place of a bathtub and prepare a paste of Epsom salt with water and then applying it directly to the boils.
Epsom Salt Compress:
- For this, you need to add 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt in 2 cups of warm water.
- Dip a washcloth in it and place it on the boils after squeezing excess water from it.
- Remove the cloth after 15-20 minutes.
- You require repeating the process daily for 2-3 times a day.
Epsom Salt Poultice:
- Prepare a thick paste of Epsom salt with warm water.
- Apply this paste directly to the affected area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Then wash it with normal water and let it dry naturally.
- Repeat the process twice a day daily for better results.
Epsom Salt with Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Dip a cotton ball into apple cider vinegar and then apply some Epsom salt to it.
- Apply that cotton ball containing Epsom salt and apple cider vinegar to the boil and use a medical tape to keep it in the same place.
- Leave it as it is for overnight.
- You require repeating the process for 2-3 days.
Epsom Salt with Baking Soda:
- Mix baking soda and Epsom salt thoroughly in a bowl.
- Apply it to the affected area and use a bandage to cover it at its place.
- Leave it overnight. Throw away the bandage after removing to prevent yourself from spreading of the infection.
- Repeat the process for a couple of days for better results.
Epsom Salt with Vaseline:
- Prepare this jelly ointment by adding Epsom salt to 1 tablespoon of Vaseline.
- Apply it thoroughly on the boils and use a bandage to cover it.
- Leave it overnight and remove the bandage next morning.
- Throw the bandage away so as to prevent further spreading of the infection.
- Repeat the process daily for 2-3 days.
Provided above are all the different ways to use Epsom salt for boils. You can surely follow any of them to treat the malice. But, before that, you need to take care of some precautions too. You should always know the effects and side-effects of anything you are going to use.
Precautions one should consider:
- Epsom salt is not a solution for those suffering from high blood pressure or having severe varicose veins.
- Proper hydration, nutritious diet, regular exercises and avoidance of stress will help staying away from the skin abscess.
- Always consult your doctor before using any of the above-mentioned procedures of boil treatment.
See guys, how easy it is to treat painful boils without inserting any of the side-effects into our body. Now, I believe you understand how efficient natural remedies are to treat any health issue. The worst one can imagine is to get a new disease while curing one in the form of side-effect. Well, this is the best part of the natural treatment methods that they never, in any case, gift you any side-effect. But, one thing you’ll have to do before using any of the remedies is that you have to consult your doctor. I understand your dilemma here.
Well, true that there is no side-effect of Epsom salt here and natural remedies never gift you any side-effect, but, not every remedy will suit you. It completely depends on your body type and the diseases you are already carrying in you. So, you need to take care of your overall health before using any remedy. Further, you always hear a new medicine in the market, but, this is not the same in the case of natural remedies. Natural remedies are as old as our earth and thanks to our ancestors who made us familiar with them. I can only say that nature has created us and nothing can cure our health issues better than nature.